Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nita's Novelty Nook: A book is never written, only re-written


I love sleeping, and especially the dreaming part of it. Seeing how my whole mind makes up something that doesn’t make sense at all is just wonderful. I sometimes am really aware I’m dreaming and I try to think how everything feels so logic. In my dreams I can explain everything, last time I checked. But when I wake up, my logic is gone.
Keeping the dream however, is a lot harder. When I was young, I wanted to be a writer. I made small books from pieces of paper with stories that made no sense at all too. Later, I grew out of it.
When starting to take interest in Japan, and discovering the world of fan fiction, I tried again. When I read those pages now, I ask myself “What the hell was I thinking?” But the dream of being a writer is a lot further away now.
Thinking of a storyline that’s so unique, it’s hard. I usually write love-related things. Cinderella-like, only without the stepmom or stepsisters.
The problem of a pure love story is the fact that it always ends bad. Take Romeo and Juliet for example. A story that evolves about love solely has a bad ending, and I’m quite the kind of person that gets attached to her characters. Also, my writing isn’t good enough yet either. I want to improve, and improve. But I’m not the type of person to read books. Therefore it’s harder for me to get to learn some new words, techniques, and all that stuff.
Maybe a book written by myself will ever pass by my life, but at least I can keep holding to the hobby, my time of recreation and inspiration. My moment of Daydream.

Nita.

1 comment:

  1. Japan is a nice place.. I'm learning their language and wish I'd be fluent someday.. :)

    I write at fanfiction too. I'm neja91 there.. what's your username there, I'll subscribe.. :)

    If you change your mind about books, I've got a lot of them, gothic romance mostly written by L. J. Smith. but they're good.. Just leave me a comment anytime I'll give you copies..

    ReplyDelete