Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Spending my free time reading

Now that the exams are over, I finally have the time to read books again.
The awesome thing about reading is that you can do this in your bed, on the bus, in your garden, and so on. But I enjoy reading most when I'm at the beach. The sound of the sea and he seagulls and the warmth of the sun makes it so relaxing while you are concentrating on a good novel.
The book I'm reading at the moment is "De trage wals van de schildpadden", written by Katherine Pancol. She is a French novelist and the book I mentioned is the second one of her three-volume saga.
The title in French is: La Valse lente des tortues. Usually I read in Dutch, but there are several books I have read in English.
I think Katharine Pancol is an excellent writer. She makes her characters so interesting and I could identify in a way with some of them. Although not every situation created in the book is completely realistic, I just wanted to continue reading until it was finished. This novel is very relaxing and there is much humour in it, so I really recommend this book to people who like reading.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment